Sunday, June 14, 2015

Roasted Asparagus with Grape Tomatoes and Mushrooms

We were shopping at HyVee and there was this wonderful bunch of asparagus.  Looking through some ideas on Pinterest, I came across a recipe which I modified.  Came out just delicious.


I snap off the tough ends of the asparagus and then use a vegetable peeler to peel the stems, I think it looks nice that way.  I read a chef on Food and Wine who said he does this because, 
"it looks cool!"
That is non-stick foil lining a pie dish, easy clean up.


Next, slice some mushrooms.  I keep reading this debate on whether to wash mushrooms OR wipe them off with a damp towel.  I saw Alton Brown toss mushrooms into a mesh strainer, run water over them and toss them around--works like a charm.  Then lay them on a paper towel to dry.


Take the grape tomatoes and cut them in half.  
Toss everything in some olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
Back into the pie dish and arrange in a pretty pattern.  



Sprinkle on some grated parmesan cheese.  Use your judgement as to how much you like, or 
omit it altogether.


Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.  Roast until the asparagus is tender crisp.  
Use the tip of a knife to test doneness.


Enjoy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment