Sunday, July 28, 2013

Banana Applesauce Muffins

I've been wanting to try the whole wheat pastry flour that I bought the other day.  I've come across some recipes calling for this type of flour, so when I saw it in the grocery store I had to buy it.  You probably have all the ingredients for these muffins on hand, so let's get cooking!








Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.   Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

1 ripe banana
1/2 cup sugar (I used less)
1 small container applesauce
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tbls. baking powder
1/2 tsp.baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Mash the banana, then stir in the sugar.  Add all the other ingredients except the flour, mix well, add the flour last and stir just until flour is incorporated.  Fill the muffin tin/paper liners 2/3 full,
(I used an ice cream scoop.)  Bake for 18-20 minutes.


Tender, moist and delicious.  You really don't need an entire 1/2 cup of sugar, the fruit is sweet on its own.  Smear with some butter and enjoy friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment