Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pork Piccata With Lemon and Capers

This recipe came from my friend Pat -- thanks, Pat!  
So gather the ingredients and get cooking!  
BTW, 
I looked up "piccata" and it is Italian for "pounded thin".


1 pound of pork tenderloin, 2 garlic cloves, lemon wedges, white wine, chicken broth, capers, parsley, butter, and olive oil.  Yes, there is a pineapple in the background, just wait.


Slice the pork tenderloin against the grain into twelve 1/2 inch slices.  Press each to flatten slightly.  My hubby helped with this--thanks, Hon!


Combine some flour with salt and pepper, dredge each slice of pork in the flour mixture.



Heat two tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium high heat, add half the pork.  Cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes, turn and cook 1 minute more, set aside and repeat with the remaining pork pieces.  These are thin, so they cook quickly!


Meantime, I decided that pineapple would be a great side with the pork.  The caper and lemon sauce will be kinda sour in a good way, so I was thinking sweet and sour with the pork flavors.  Prepare the pineapple by lopping off the top, cutting off the peeling, then cutting  into nice thick chunks.  Set aside until later.


The pork has cooked, place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.


Mince two cloves garlic and add to, 1/2 C. dry white wine, and 1/4/ C chicken broth into the skillet.  Scrape up the brown bits and let simmer and reduce to half. Oh such great flavors!


Meantime, get the pineapple ready to broil.  Rub each piece with some butter.  Broil at 500.  Mine didn't brown as nice as I would have liked, but it was very tasty nonetheless.  In warmer weather, I would grill the pineapple.  Yes, grilled pineapple!  So good.


To the skillet of reduced wine and broth, stir in 1 T. butter, 2 T. Meyer lemon juice, 4 t. capers (rinsed and drained), and 1 T, parsley.


Stir and cook quickly until nice and thick and shiny.  The butter makes it shiny,  I love butter!


This goodness is poured over the warmed pork ( I kept the plate of cooked pork in the oven while the pineapple was broiling.)  Oh my! Oh my oh my!


Dinner is ready.  Ceasar salad, broiled pineapple, and pork piccata with lemon and capers.


yum, Yum, and YUM!  Enjoy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment