Friday, December 14, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

There are about a bjillion recipes out there for chocolate chip cookies.  Bottom line, use the very best ingredients possible, in particular, the vanilla.  I lucked out when some friends went to Mexico and brought back some pure vanilla extract.  So, that is what I use.



Gather up the ingredients and let's make some cookies!






Here's a look at the cookie dough.


Mix in the chocolate chips -- I used Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips, yummy!

Another reason I wanted to bake cookies is so that I could use my new baking sheets.  
These are amazing!






Drop the cookie dough by tablespoons onto the baking sheet.  
I used a silicone liner for one batch and no liner for another batch, 
either way, these pans are amazing!


These are the cookies baked on the cookie sheet with no liner.






Look at this cookie!  You know you want it!  
Now get a glass of milk ready because these are very dunkable, too!














Here's the recipe I used for these cookies:


3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 all-purpose and 1/2 Prarie Gold white whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups) 
 
  • 1 Heat oven to 375ºF.
  • 2 Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips.
  • 3 Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  • 4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack 
Enjoy, friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment